The log store is complete!

After just a couple of weeks, our handmade log store is complete, and what a beauty it is!

It is made from a mixture of old fence panels, decking and pallets. The only new items being  the felt roof, paint and downpipe gutter. The rest was either found or given to us for free!

I think the total spend was around £40.00 which included the screws, brackets, felt, gutter fixings and downpipe, a tin of Cuprinol paint and a brilliant old well bucket to catch the water in. Andrew says this is more than he would have liked to spend but I think it was a bit of a bargain! You couldn’t buy a decent log store for that price, well maybe you could if you are in the know, haha, but seriously – how many people do you know with black-market log store connections?!

I’m super pleased with how Andrew’s project has turned out – so much so, I’ve put in an order for a bird box, coat hook storage and a display ladder for my plant pots! Ooh!

Would love to hear your feedback on our fantastic log store!

Progress photos below 🙂

Amy x

(Hooray – the pallet fits in the car)

(The roof!)

(FINISHED!)

Help from mum & dad

This Bank Holiday weekend we had my lovely parents visit and as normal they helped us out in both the yarden and allotment! Super parents!

Saturday we did a spot of work in the yarden. Mum & Dad brought us up some baby plants and lovely clay pots to add to our current collection!

So, whilst Andrew painted the log store and Dad drew up some plans for our future renovations, Mum & I went planting mad!

First up we moved some of my own Dahlia babies into pots, as well as potting some in the planter by the front door, accompanying them with some of my Cosmos babies too! I felt almost like a proud mother, moving my plant babies from seedling pots to real, big boy pots! *Sniffles*

We used some of the unneeded gravel from half of the yarden to top the pots. Not only does this look pretty but it also helps to keep weeds at bay! Pesky weeds!

 

We also potted up a selection of other bits and bobs, including some strawberries, lavender and sweet peas.

Look at those sweet peas all tied in, they look so smart!

 

We then had a revelation, that after smashing up all the concrete a couple weeks ago, we now don’t need someone to come and take it away! Because it was agreed by our garden designer, Dad, that we could put it all in the bottom of the planters when we build them. So we don’t have to fill the planters to the ground with expensive compost. Winning!

The remaining gravel and soil from half of the garden will also go in the planters to help fill the bases. Which will save us money and time. So now the design is all drawn up, dad is going to look at prices for the supplies. We may get our raised beds sooner than we thought! Yay!

Lots of plants potted up, rubbish cleared, designs drawn and log store finished!

 

So all in all – a good days work!

🙂